The more and more I begin to dig deeper in the world of “Climate Change” I find myself labelling myself as a “Believer” in trying to navigate what I personally feel is right or wrong on the topic of climate, politics, and how I live my lifestyle. It’s been weighing on me how to better approach the topic, and that I need better guidelines in order to be successful at making these transitions.
I find myself having strict guidelines, saying no to things, removing myself from situations because its against my new beliefs, following the movements of my new leader (Al Gore….) Strangely, all these actions made me feel like I was joining a cult.
Re: Wikipedia, a cult is described as:
“The term cult usually refers to a social group defined by its religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal. “
I figured what better way to compare my approach then to give my new climate change friendly lifestyle some structure
Cue in…. my 10 Climate Change Commandments!
- I am the Earth thy Planet
- No other planets before me (sorry Mars, you’re not Planet B…)
- No similar species or diversity in our Universe
- Not take the Earth’s resources in vain
- Remember every day is Earth day!
- Honour thy air and water
- Thou shalt not kill my vibe – (don’t be a preachy bitch!)
- Thou shalt not rely on convenience (single use plastics, unsustainable packaging, not educating myself)
- Thou shalt not support businesses with unsustainable practices – (do my research! Vote with my Dollars!)
- Thou shalt not make excuses anymore – THE TIME IS NOW!